We have many years of experience acting for a range of clients within the construction and property sector including:
- commercial property developers
- land developers
- property refurbishment companies
- buy-to-let landlords
- care homes
- architects and surveyors
- managing and letting agents
- estate agents.
We support businesses of all sizes; from independent sub-contractors through to projects for nationally-recognised household names in the construction industry.
We have built a reputation for working closely with our clients to achieve significant tax savings through pro-active planning. We can offer advice on tax-efficient structures and strategies, profitability, funding and optimising cashflow to improve the running and profitability of your construction or property business.
Don't let the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) catch you out. We can provide a comprehensive service that means everything will be taken care of each month, from reminders, submission to HMRC to the preparation of deduction certificates ready to be passed on to your subcontractors.
What do you get?
- Setup CIS Scheme
- Collate data
- Verification of sub-contractors with HMRC
- Submission of monthly returns with HMRC
- Preparation of deduction certificates
- Support/guidance on what is subject to CIS
- Application for gross status if applicable
- Liaising with HMRC for related queries
- For our internal bookkeeping clients, we will also reconcile CIS deductions back to the accounts
One of the biggest risks to your business is poor financial control. We can put systems in place to project cashflow and cash requirements to avoid cash shortages. We can also put systems in place to provide you with real-time management information, which will determine the profitability of construction activities and projects so that overruns can be quickly addressed. VAT is a complex area and we can help you avoid any VAT traps before a project commences.